The world has been turned upside down in the last few months, and life is very different than we used to know it. However, that doesn’t mean that it’s all bad. As you probably saw already, the planet is healing, the pollution is dramatically lowered, and a few good things came out of the whole lockdown situation.
There are still many things we don’t know about this world, and it’s maybe for the best for it to keep a few secrets from us. However, we’ve been very curious lately, and we’ve come up with a series of photos that explain a few things about our world, or at least open up our eyes about something that was in front of us the whole time, and we were unable to see it. Check out the series of photos that might help you understand the world better, and feel free to share if you knew some of these facts and anecdotes in the comment section.
1. The entire observable universe in one photo.
2. Two rivers colliding in Geneva, Switzerland
3. This is how a candle burns in space (the right pic)
4. 138.24MB vs 512GB
5. One of these tomatoes has been grown from 150-year-old seeds, while the other one is a modern-day tomato. Can you guess which one is which?
6. $,5000 worth of gold vs $5,000 worth of silver
7. This is what hieroglyphics looked like before their colors faded.
8. Firefighters managed to save half of this tree from a fire.
9. This is how the moon looks like under ultraviolet and infrared filters.
10. For those who don’t believe that global warming is real, this is how the same glacier in Island looked in 1986 and in 2019.